Sunday, November 4, 2012

A few personal thoughts...

My wonderful friend Pat died Friday.  You all have been praying for her for some time and for that I'm so grateful.  She is free of pain and at peace.  What a strong woman she was.  Nearly 15 weeks ago she was given days, at the most, a few weeks to live.  And she fought so hard for the past 2 1/2 years.  I was blessed to have 2 personal conversations with her in September.  She told me she was ready and excited to see what came next.  Her daughter posted a beautiful photo of her with her husband who died some years back.  I said I was sure they were back in each other's arms.  I'm sad to lose a good friend.  I'm sad too and felt some jealousy because I want to be back in HC Baker's arms.  Just a small hug is all I need.  That's the difficult part about being without your spouse.  It's the small hugs that make the difference in a relationship.  Please continue to pray for Ashley and Stephen as they adjust to life without their mother.  The good news is we know where Pat is and know she is happy!

I, and I'm sure many of you, will be so happy to have the election over!  Since I'm voting in Michigan for the first time, I'm working hard studying various "proposals" that appear on the ballot.  Did you know that one man owns the bridge that crosses from Detroit to Canada?  He makes $100 million each year from its' use.  Others want to build another bridge and the big question is of course, who will pay for it?  Canada, US federal dollars, or...the TAXPAYERS!!!!!!  There are quite a few proposals on the ballot so we'll see.  And of course, various senators, congressman, and judges.  I'm looking forward to no more TV commercials.  I'm sick of hearing ugly comments about people I don't know.  And the sad news is maybe those comments are true.  I hope everyone has prayed about their choice.  It's the only thing we can do.  Our country needs help! 

My dear friend Barbara spent last week with me, and what a great time we had.  Her daughter married in September and we needed to talk about the wedding weekend (gossip actually!).  And then we needed to review our history (about 50 years) and determine how we survived some of our activities!  We laughed and talked and laughed and talked!  Barbara recently retired and this was the first time in our lives we spent 5 days together.  I am blessed with the best friends!  

Please continue to pray for Ashley and Stephen, my friend Patsy, a dear friend and her father, a young friend who is a single mother and struggling to make ends meet, our military and their families, and our country and the election on Tuesday.  We'll be busy!  

Love to you all, xxoo            



    

No comments:

Post a Comment