Monday, September 9, 2013

F O O T B A L L!!!!!!

As many of you know, I L O V E football!  Michigan grandson Garrett has already begun playing JV football for his high school, and I have already made my annual donation to the Cheboygan High School Athletic Fund so I can sit in my warm and dry press box for each game.  Yea Me!!!!  At the beginning of each game, they play our National Anthem.  Tears always come to my eyes.  Is it because I'm old and my emotional nerves are closer to the top of my skin or is it that as well as being older, I am much better informed about life and the situations our country finds itself in?  (I'm sure that's a run-on, complex, or just plain poor sentence, but you get my drift!)  Anyway, I do love to hear the band play it and the crowd give its' best effort to sing it!

Since I live in northern Michigan, it's not often I can watch U of L play football on our local TV stations.  The first game of the season was broadcast on ESPN so we did see that one, but last week's game was on ESPN3 so we were gathered around the laptop for the "streaming" thing!  It was a small screen but great playing.  One thing I miss about watching the games on TV is you miss the pre-game and half-time shows.  Well, MISS THEM NO MORE!!!!!  My amazing friend, Ray Kirkland, is videoing (word ??) the band performances, and you can find them on YouTube!  Go to YouTube, enter Ray Kirkland and search for the game date and watch and listen as Steve Kirkland, the Official Voice of the University of Louisville Cardinal Marching Band hosts these performances.  It's wonderful!  I'm sorry last week's half-time show didn't include EKU's performance so I could have watched for my friend, Kelsay!  That would have been awesome!  But I know his mom and dad were there and enjoyed his performance...not so much the heat!!! I love watching the band perform.  Talented friend Amy is also on the field as she is the marching band director.  Amy, Steve and Kelsay are only 3 of the inspirational young people who are making a huge difference in our world.  I'm sure each of you know many more, so always give them a big "shout out" when thanking God for role models!  And as always, Ray is there to add his expertise to any and all events!

I've spent the last three weeks with guests from Kentucky visiting.  It's been a blast!  Tomorrow Rick and Barbara and Julie and Phillip head south, and I am left wishing their stay had been longer.  In mid-October I'll have my last visitors for the year (unless any of you out there want to head this way).  I love having company and when they leave I anxiously await the next group.

The leaves are beginning to turn here.  I've spotted them in the trees.  The temperatures are definitely cooler and there's that "fall" smell in the air!  What is that smell?  You know, when the gentle breeze or mighty wind passes by your nose and leaves behind that crisp (cool), tangy (apples), smokey (camp fires burning), musty (dried leaves), and burnt sugar (toasted marshmallows) smell!  (It's that memory smell thing again!)  Don't you love it?

Peace be with all of you!  xxoo

Prayers still needed for EE and CH and Trish.  Please and thank you!

OH MY GOSH - I completely forgot to tell you something.  The Preacher called me!!!!!!!!  That's a story for another time!          

No comments:

Post a Comment