Wednesday, May 16, 2012

26 degrees tonight???? Really????

I have spent the past two days planting a garden.  This is a first time thing for me as HC Baker was the gardener with 10 green thumbs, and as everyone knows, I don't go outside.  I was assured there would be no more frost but ALAS!!!!  Not true!!!!  I just finished covering my new beautiful garden with a drop cloth (only thing I could find to fit).  If it all dies, I'm switching to hanging baskets!

Garrett's face is doing very well.  He will get the stitches removed Friday.  I'm still thanking God for sparing his eye.

Tomorrow I begin my 2-day job as the ballet dancer's chauffeur.  Emily is tied up with a million other things and Brett is of course at the candy store, so it's my lucky "daze"!  Performances Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon.  Then it's over until the fall.  I'm so glad I'm here and get to be a part of it all!

This morning I started flipping the winter clothes closet with the summer clothes closet.  (Good thing I didn't finish.  I'll need those sweaters in the morning.)  Crammed in with the summer things, I found a shirt of HC's.  It startled me.  And the first thing I did was smell it and there he was.  That was the last thing I did today.  Is that instinctive?  To hold clothing to your nose and try to find the memories?  I don't know where the shirt came from or how it got into my summer things.  I immediately put it on and am still wearing it.  I don't want to wash it and wash "him" away and I want it to always smell just like him.  I might wear it for a few days and see what happens.  I've felt very good all day with it on yet there's a "lonely hole".

Miss all of you too!        

No comments:

Post a Comment