Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Guess what arrived today?

SUMMER!!!!!  Finally on August 20!  And it's not because the kiddos started school today.  They do not start until the Tuesday after Labor Day.  I guess the weather was just tired of being cold!  Lots and lots of boats out on the lake today.  I heard the water temperature is 64.  And as strange as that may seem, that's warm!  Maybe if it stays warm for a few more days, the water will warm up even more!

Spent the morning with Gracie at a soccer practice.  Garrett was at football practice.  Fall sports seem to be in full swing.  Gracie's first soccer game is Saturday in Traverse City.  Garrett's first football game is next Wednesday.  He's on the JV team this year and there are only 16 young men on the team.  It's gonna' be a wild season!  I made my annual donation to the Cheboygan High School Athletic Association so I can sit in the press box for every game, JV and varsity.  That's a good thing when it's rainy and cold and snowing!  Can't wait for the kick-off!

I forgot to mention a few things in my last L O N G blog that I think are worthy of comment.
1.  Emily and Brett celebrated 19 years of marriage this summer!
2.  When school starts, Emily will begin her 20th year of teaching middle school math.
3.  Louisville grandson Adam who just graduated high school got a full time job!  He should have been starting college this fall but forgot to mail all his paperwork in time!!!!  Libby was very upset and said - GET A JOB!  And he did.
4.  All of Libby's children are gainfully employed!  She says PRAISE THE LORD!
5.  My sister Linda got another wonderful report at her quarterly doctor's visit.  Her visits have changed to every six months now!  I said PRAISE THE LORD!
6.  My sister Mary made it to Ireland and back without too many dead bodies in her wake.  American Airlines caused her to miss her connecting flight in Chicago and she had to stay in a hotel for the night - big expense!  Then upon arrival she discovered they had lost her luggage!  I said PRAISE THE LORD I wasn't there to witness the carnage!
7.  Some of you might already know my sister Mary got a new dog, Henry.  He is a collie puppy and full of energy.  Next, my sister Linda (after the death of Charlie at 14 years) got a new dog.  They rescued Pearl, a 3-year old beagle/terrier/hound mix.  Linda, Bill and Pearl are very excited to be a family!  So...our 3 new family members are Nutty, Henry and Pearl!  Life is good!

Now I think you are all caught up!

I loved seeing all the photos on FB this morning of all the precious children and young men and young ladies ready for their first day of school!  I hope and pray everyone had a great day.  OH, and by the way, you have to go back tomorrow!!!!

Another thing I've seen a lot of on FB is the Kentucky State Fair food!  The photos are very interesting.  Who thinks up all that stuff?  HC Baker and I did try a deep-fried snickers one time at a county fair.  A snickers bar is my favorite candy bar.  Well, it appeared to be wrapped in a kind of wonton wrapper, looked like it was going to be delicious, and one bite into it, everything inside had melted and then dripped down the front of my blouse!  In the trash it went and to the ladies room I went.  OOPS!!!!!!  I remember that county fair and the bathrooms were my all-time favorite...porta potties!  Didn't work for me and we left in search of a proper restroom!  HC Baker never did understand my "moments"!

Enough for today!  I know you're tired after the first day of school.  I'm praying for all the teachers, administrators, staff and the children.  May God's richest blessings shine on all of you and keep you safe.

Happy Summer!  xxoo

Continued prayers for EE, CH, Lesley's mother, and all the children and teachers.  It's not too late to hug someone TODAY and tell them you're proud of them!      

    

No comments:

Post a Comment