Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday's prayer...

Dear Lord, this morning I'm struggling with the focus of my thoughts.

As I look out my window, I see plenty of snow on the ground and more blowing through the frigid air.  Thank you Lord for the seasons.  You blessed me with eyes to see and witness Your wonders.  I am also blessed with a warm home (though some would disagree!).  Thank You for the many kindnesses You have sent my way!  

Only ten days until we will celebrate your birth.  I am blessed with the knowledge of Your amazing gift to me.  There is no way I can ever repay this except to always work hard and do Your will.  Let others see You in me.  That thought alone brings an overwhelming desire to go outside and run up and down the street (cautiously) shouting Your name.  Thank You for Your patience with me!

This will be the fourth Christmas celebration without HC Baker.  I must admit from time to time I still pause and question why.  That's when my heart jumps and forces me to remember Your will, not mine.   I am blessed as I totally and completely understand and accept this, but my heart still has an empty corner (better than a gaping hole).  Thank You for Your steadfastness!

I had the wonderful opportunity to spend yesterday with Gracie.  Those times are irreplaceable...priceless as the commercial says.  How true.  We shopped until we dropped.  I am so blessed by my family.  Not one of them ever questioned the life-changing decisions I have made since my "widowhood", and they have supported me in every way.  Being with one or some or all of them will always make me smile and know the strength and power of love.  Thank You for my earthly interpretation of Your love!

On many days, I'm not sure I would have survived if not for my "heavy lifter" - TR Baker.  Through all that happened in 2010, both of us survived and pretty much in tact!  My survival is due in a huge part to  TR Baker.  He made my loneliness not so lonely.  I have been blessed by him.  He listens without making judgments, he has a keen insight into other people and situations and he's been my "heavy lifter" and yard man and snow shoveler and furniture mover (he hates to hear me say I want to re-arrange!) and pizza maker and...!  Thank You for knowing best!  

Daily I am blessed in untold ways by my friends, old and new and re-newed!  When I see Frank in FL is improving daily, I know Your hands are on his shoulders.  When I know EE is home safely and in the loving arms of his family, I know Your hands are on his shoulders.  When I talk with B & R J and they are laughing, I know Your hands are on their shoulders.  When all my friends are smiling, I  know You are with them in their lives and keeping them in Your arms.  Thank You for guiding our paths!

In sixteen days it will be 2014.  I laugh when I remember reading the novel 1984.  I thought that was a million years away.  And remember how all us earthly idiots thought the year 2000 would "cause" everything "computerized" to crash and burn.  Well, we've made it to 2014.  I wonder what it will bring!  I'm happy feeling absolutely no regrets about the decisions I've made in the past three and a half years.  I am amazed at all I've learned and been able to achieve.  And my journey is not over yet.  I've made a few decisions about 2014 and am looking forward to seeing how You will guide me.  Thank You for walking with me.

And in closing, please Lord, be with all of our soldiers and their families this Christmas season and every day where ever they are.  Protect them.  Bring them home as quickly as possible.  Thank You for guiding them!

To all who read this MERRY CHRISTMAS!  Be thankful for every breath you take!  Enjoy your life, whatever it holds.  Make the decision every day to be the best person you can be in every situation you encounter.  I love this thought...there is always someone who will trade places with you.

Happy Sunday!  xxoo    

              



 

No comments:

Post a Comment