Monday, October 15, 2012

I'm lonely already!

Just said good-bye to my dear friends, Kathy and Buddy.  They are our last guests on the calendar for 2012.  We had a wonderful time because Kathy tells the best stories.  I caught up with her life as well as the lives of her kiddos and perfect grandson, Kingston, her mother or "munner" as she's called by those who love her, her sisters - Janice and Dana, Keith and Tommy, and all the nieces and nephews.  Got a few stories about aunts and uncles too who have gone beyond the rainbow!  We shared stories about our history too.  Laughter IS the best medicine for all that ails you!

Last week was filled with great friends and continuous rain.  I went to the island twice.  When I went earlier in the week with Christy and Kristi, I thought I couldn't get any wetter, but yesterday, I went again with Kathy and Buddy and not only got soaking wet but very cold too!  And yesterday's boat crossing was a little rough!!!!  The island will close for the season at the end of this month and I am excited I'll not see it again until 2013!

Get this...
Saturday, Kathy, Buddy and I were in Petoskey in my favorite bookstore and my cell phone rang.  I answered it and it was my accountant (he's in Cheboygan).  He asked if I was in Michigan and I said yes.  He laughed and said I needed to come to his office on Monday (today) and sign my 2012 tax return!!!  He had filed an extension for me and then I forgot to go and sign it.  Today is the deadline!  What am I using for a brain?  Guess I better get that done...ya' think?

It is supposed to rain all week here.  TR Baker is wondering how he will ever get all the leaves raked once they are soaked over and over!  He has closed the outdoor crawl space vents and turned on the light in the well house (to prevent the pipes freezing).  I guess we're getting ready for the real winter!

OK - I've got to wash the bed clothes, clean the bathrooms and mop the kitchen floor and then I'm ready for YOU to come and visit!

Love you all!

Please continue to pray for my friend Pat.  Twelve weeks after being given days to live, she's still with us fighting the good fight.  Great is her faithfulness!          

No comments:

Post a Comment