Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My day...

started at 8am when the delivery truck brought the last new set of bedding.  Now everyone can come and sleep in a bed with a new mattress and box springs!!!!  All have been replaced!  Whew!  Took a while but I got it done.  As of last Friday, we have been in the house for one year!  I've got 2 rooms to re-do this winter and then everything will have had at least one coat of something (and there is a mystery to some of it!!!).

The days here are beautiful right now.  The air is crisp and clean!  We have had frost only once I think.  I wore a sweater all day today, inside and out.  I actually saw a pick-up truck today with it's snow plow attached to the front end.  Holy cow!  There is the possibility of scattered snow in the next week!

One of my new friends called today and said she still had her boat in the water and wanted to know if I was interested in taking a boat ride to the marina and then have lunch.  I said of course and off we went.  We were the only boat on the lake and the water looked like glass.  Beautiful!  Had a good time!  What you see now around the lake are the people who pull the docks out of the water.  Most boats are asleep for the winter and the docks are disappearing.  The seasons change quickly up here.

Now for tonight.  I am really trying to learn new things.  There is a cute, new store in Cheboygan (15 miles north) called Creation Station.  They offer classes for all ages teaching all types of crafts.  Tonight was Beginers Knitting.  For $20 you got yarn, needles, and 2 hours of instruction.  I thought we'd learn to make a cute scarf, and then I could make everyone a cute scarf for Christmas.  Well, not happenin'!  What you learn to make is a dishcloth.  I said "WHAT"?  She said "a dishcloth.  Everyone loves them and they make a perfect gift."  I burst out laughing and asked her what kind of friends she had?  (Just for all your information - if you E V E R receive from me a gift that's a dishcloth, have me committed because I have obviously lost my mind!)  Intermediate Knitting is a scarf, but you need to bring your completed dishcloth to class to make sure you are ready for scarf knitting!!!!  I didn't slap her AND I did stay for the class.  I have knit 12 rows of the 25 needed to finish the dishcloth.  I'm so excited, I can't wait.  (NOT!)  Anyway, I do plan to complete my dishcloth and advance to the scarf.  Wish me luck!

I hope your day was a good one!

Please pray for my friend Pat.

xxoo              

No comments:

Post a Comment