Sunday, December 2, 2012

Help me understand...

I once thought the older you got, the easier it was to understand things.  Did I hear that or dream it or what?  Just a week ago we celebrated the Thanksgiving holiday and I know all of us were thankful for the many blessings God has given us and we told Him that day just like we tell him every day.  I believe myself to be a pretty good christian and do spend more and more time in prayer every day.  I never pretended to understand everything but I'd just like to understand a few things.  And I wonder if I'll get the answers to my questions once I leave this earth and hopefully am blessed to live forever in the Kingdom of our Lord?  So here's the question I need help with today.  Why do wonderful people die and bad people continue to walk this earth?

I received a call from dear friend Jack Saturday morning telling me one of my very special friend's son-in-law had passed away Friday of a massive heart attack.  Abe was 41 years old.  He was married to beautiful Samantha or Sam as most of us call her, and father to absolutely precious twin girls.  The family was getting ready to have an incredible Christmas celebrating not only the birth of our Savior but the final paperwork that will complete the adoption of the princess twins.  

As soon as I got off the phone with Jack I started to pray.  My prayer began, "Dear Lord, I'm having a problem with this."  My prayer continued of course asking Him to surround Sam and the girls and the entire family and stay with them and stay with them and stay with them helping them to understand what has happened (because I can't believe I'm the only one wondering).  And I also know it's pretty normal to have these questions.  Been there, done that!  

But we are saved by His grace and it's our faith in Him that keeps us trusting in His decisions, His timetable, His love.  

It's not easy though, is it?  Please pray for Sam and the sweet girls.  

Thanks for listening!                    

No comments:

Post a Comment