Monday, March 11, 2013

4 days left...

What an interesting day this has been in the "tip of the mitt" (where I live)!  I believe the temperature got up to 40 today so the big, no - huge, no - gigantic melt is in full swing!  I have heard several incredibly loud crashes today only to discover it's the ice melting off the roof and sliding down to the ground.  God forbid you would be under the big slide because I honestly believe some of those chunks would kill you if they hit you on the head!  Because we've had so much snow and cold, the ice fishing on the lake has been a very popular activity this winter.  However, all ice shanties (I call them outhouses 'cause that's what they look like!) must be off the lake by March 15th.  So, 4 more days!  I went to Cheboygan this morning and the ice on the lake looked like standing water.  OK you fishing people, be careful.  I guess we won't see any more pick-up trucks out on the ice.

No school today in Cheboygan just as Brett predicted.  We'll see what happens tomorrow.  (There is snow forecasted for Wednesday.)  Since school was cancelled, Gracie came over to play this afternoon.  We had a wonderful time as always but the part of this visit that totally "freaked me out" was the person driving the car to bring her over...GARRETT!!!!!!!  He has been taking driver training in school and is allowed to drive with a licensed driver in the car, but I wasn't prepared to see it!!!!  Oh my gosh!  My life is flying by way too fast!  

For any of you who do not know, I have been going to yoga classes since November.  I go twice a week and it has been very different for me.  I'm a person who normally goes at a pace of about 100 miles an hour...(OK, so maybe my limit has changed to 85 in the past few years) but anyway, I'm a doer, a go-er, someone who loves to be first in line and works hard to get there.  So, yoga.  It's quiet, slow, very meditative, and a lot of other words that don't apply to me.  But I go.  The instructor is Lisa and she is awesome.  She says yoga is a state of mind and you are experiencing yoga just by showing up.  If all you do is walk in the door and sit on your mat, it's yoga.  She's very patient with me and doesn't hollar at me when I "break" the mood/movement.  This usually happens when she says something very thought-provoking and inspiring.  (She does that alot but sometimes it stimulates my thoughts more than she would probably like.)  Like today.  During a particularly difficult body twist (thought I was going to die), she said "point your breast toward heaven".  Hmm!?  I had to stop and look at her and tell her it's been a number of years since either of my breasts pointed toward heaven.  They more recently appeared to feel more in touch with hell!  Class ended!  Gotta' love yoga!

Celebrated long distance today with Sam and the completion of the adoption process.  Katlin and Lexi are truly at home now.  Congratulations to all of them (Miss Madeline included!).  Also got a call from dear friend Jack today telling me HC Baker was represented at the youth fundraiser last night.  He would have loved that!  And had no idea one of my favorite families is back at SMBC.  Love all those "H" kids and their Mom and Dad!

God is good!  xxoo  

No comments:

Post a Comment