Thursday, February 6, 2014

Excited!

1.  Excited we haven't had any new snow in 4 days!  In my mind I think it must be over.  Son and son-in-law laughed!

2.  Excited it was already up to 4 degrees at 7am this morning.  That's above zero!

3.  Excited Emily, Brett, Garrett and Gracie are back from Orlando safely.  They had a great time but wished it had been warmer and not raining.  (I reminded them it wasn't snow and 50 degrees sounds pretty good to me.)

4.  Excited I got to pick up the kiddos on Tuesday after school and deliver them where they needed to be.  (Emily had a meeting.)  I hadn't seen them in over a week.  Had to take Garrett to my favorite clothing store in Indian River, McClutchey's, owned by my friend Kathy.  Garrett needed a new dress shirt for a school project presentation.  He needed to wear a dress shirt, tie and sport coat.  He had it all but realized the dress shirt was pretty snug.  Kathy measured him and we left there with a blue, long sleeved, oxford cloth shirt size...17/35!!!!!!!!!!  Tears came to my eyes.  He's soon to be 16 years old!  How did he get so big?

5.  Excited I get to be with Gracie again this afternoon.  We always laugh!

6.  Excited FB set up that video option.  I have LOVED seeing everyone's.  Lots of smiles and a few tears.

7.  Excited (I think) that on Sunday, February 9, we will celebrate TR Baker's birthday.  He will be (oh my gosh, can I say this number?) 36 years old.  How did that happen?  And he's the baby of my children!  The amazing thing about this is all of my children are about to be older than me!  Now that's exciting!    

8.  Excited TR Baker sold his little blue car.  It was a bittersweet moment for him as he bought that car brand new 10 years ago.  He's on vacation next week and will buy a new one...preferably one that sits a bit higher off the ground and has 4-wheel drive.

9.  Excited to have a wintertime guest in a few weeks.  I don't have many wintertime visitors so this will be especially fun.  With all the snow and the frozen lake, the view is stunning.  Cannot wait to share it!

10.  Excited I received a phone call yesterday from a friend from college.  Phillip is the kind of person who will call out of the blue, and it's seems as if we just talked yesterday.  He and his sister, Mary, are two wonderfully beautiful, interesting and entertaining people.  I remember what fun we used to have and know we could still enjoy each other as much today.

11.  Excited I can sit here with my tea and thank God for the many blessings He has provided me, thank Him for all of you, and thank Him for the wonders of nature I can see all around me.  Life IS a blessing.  Use it up!

Safe travels on your journeys!  xxoo

Praying for CH, LE, B & R, Bill E-S who is having a heart cath tomorrow, and all our military and their families.  Two dear friends lost parents this week - Doug and Lanny, praying for you and your families.  Peace...

  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment