Monday, June 30, 2014

A Two Week Anniversary Celebration!!!!

Two weeks ago today the temperature rose to the highest of the summer...95!  And it was my moving day!  This time then, the movers were gone and I sat down on my new living room floor and cried.  Not sure why, but I did.  Maybe it was because I was overheated, confused, concerned, overwhelmed, or just plain tired.  And my dogs looked at me as if to say, "Where have you taken us now?".  Well, this is our home for the next 12 months (at least that's the plan!).

We are in a town home in the Hurstbourne Lane and Plainview neighborhood, a new neighborhood to me.  Haven't been a "renter" in quite some time.  A few of my worst moments in the first few days included water all over the laundry room floor coming from my brand new washer on it's "test" run, very early one morning barefooted, I stepped down the bottom step to the living room and my feet "squished" on the carpet, the alarm pushed it's own panic button while I was in the shower (what a sound that was!), cannot, repeat, cannot get the upstairs TV to work and the workman was here as well as the salesman who sold me the service (???????), and all by myself I, Jo Ann Baker, killed a gigantic spider AND picked its' remains up from the floor using nearly an entire roll of paper towels!!!!!!

Now for a few of my better moments!  I have been to the grocery store twice (Kroger and Lucky's), prepared two delicious dinners for a very appreciative and hungry handsome fella', decorated a fabulous bedroom for myself (first time to create a bedroom with only ME in mind), have my furniture reasonably situated and pictures hanging on the walls, started on a huge wall hanging for the stairwell, preparing to paint a pretty large painting for the dining room, had a few family and friends over to "see" my nearly finished place, been out to dinner at some wonderful, local restaurants in the Nulu area courtesy of handsome fella', hugged and been hugged by lots of friends I had not seen in some time, and last Saturday night, sang My Old Kentucky Home on the stage of the Stephen Foster Story with the cast!!!!  I've had two very exciting weeks.

And the excitement is not over yet!  Libby is getting married!!!!!!  She and Tim have been together for some time and live on a farm in Georgetown, IN.  They will be married on the farm Labor Day weekend...with the horses, pigmy donkeys, and dogs!  It will be interesting to see how many of the animals will be wearing flowers!

Tomorrow is July 1st!  Hard to believe June is very nearly over.  If you're still trying to decide what to do this summer, you'd better hurry up!!!!  By the way, Larnelle Harris is performing tomorrow night (July 1) at St. Matthews Baptist Church!  Tickets are still available.  It's sure to be a wonderful evening.

Happy Summer and much love to all of you!  xxoo

Just learned today, a sweet friend of mine lost her husband today after he suffered a stroke several weeks ago.  Please pray for Jeanine.  And thank you for your prayers for my dear friend Barbara and her husband Rick.  Rick is in remission but having a few heart rhythm problems.  Barbara is working toward the end of her 100 days (Aug 8) and doing well.  And my wonderful friend Christy...SOLD HER HOUSE!!!!!!

Always pray!  God always listens!  

And yes, I want to spend the rest of my life laughing!!!!              

No comments:

Post a Comment