Monday, August 20, 2012

48 degrees!

When I woke up this morning (always a reason to be thankful!) the thermometer read 48 degrees!  On August 20!  WOW!  By the way, it felt great!

So much excitement since I last wrote!  A week ago last Saturday I had dinner with the Kang family.  They drove from Louisville for dinner and then drove back!  Some of you may have seen the photos.  It was absolutely wonderful to see them.

Last Monday, my sisters, Linda and Mary, arrived with my cousin Mike from Nashville, TN.  What a time we had.  I'm surprised you didn't hear us laughing in Louisville.  Mike owns his own business in Nashville (a fabulous floral/special event company) so for him to be away from work for a week was quite something!  So much of a something, he woke up Wednesday with a tooth problem, went to my dentist and had a root canal on Thursday!  How about that for a vacation memory?  While they were here, we had a luncheon for a few dear Kentucky friends of mine who were visiting a few miles away.  Mary Beth, her mother Si and dear friend Anne, came over for lunch on Friday.  Lots of shared memories.  Si is 90 years young and is still the costumer for the Stephen Foster Story in Bardstown, Ky.  Many years ago, my sister Mary and I performed in the drama.  Sisters and Mike left Saturday morning just in time for Tim and Pat Nickel and friends, Lana and Hal, to arrive for a few hours visit.  Lots more laughter and remembering HC Baker!  I am so grateful they took the time to stop by and see me.  I last saw Tim and Pat when Liz and Josh married three years ago.  I need not tell you how sad and lonely I was when everyone left.  Family and friends are who make life worth living.  Love them all!

Some of you have heard me talk about the hardware store in town.  Louie, the owner, closes during January and February but does not lock the door.  If you need something, you get it and write the price down on a tablet and then when he re-opens, you pay him.  He's an older man and quite a character.  He also is the local handyman.  Well, Saturday afternoon, while mowing a yard, he died of a massive heart attack.  What a shock to the community!  Please remember his wife in your prayers as she is very ill.  Not sure what will happen to her as they live above the store.

Please continue to remember my friend Pat in your prayers.  On July 22 she was given days/weeks to live and she is still smiling and praising the Lord.  God is good!

And I keep thinking I'll see a FB post from my friend Madeline.  She is retiring after a whole lot of years.  I'm so excited for her and wish her wonderful, relaxing days at home.

So you see, the world around us is always changing.  Only look back with love and always look forward with excitement!

The beds have been changed and the bathrooms are clean.  Ready for YOU to visit!  xxoo



   

No comments:

Post a Comment