Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Election Day!

Today was primary election day in Michigan.  I have been reading the newspaper daily for information about those who are "running" for office.  Oh, the local newspaper, the Cheboygan Daily Tribune, is published Monday through Friday and is mailed to my post office box.  (So right off the bat, I'm a day late in receiving the "daily" news.)  Anyway, they have had articles about the local candidates and those throughout the state.  I have been privileged to come to know the woman running for the Supervisor of Mullett Township so that was an easy vote.  The others not so much.  I only voted for candidates I knew something about so that means I left many open ovals!  I've never done that before.  As I was marking my ballot (I was number 268 to vote and I voted in the mid-afternoon!), I couldn't help but jump ahead and wonder who in the world I would vote for in the presidential election in November.  I'm telling you, it actually makes me sad.  I, along with many of you I'm sure, receive daily e-mails about the pros and cons of both presidential candidates.  I was reading them all, but recently do not even bother to open them.  I am so tired of the negative information.  It's hard to stay positive about life when all you read or hear is negative.  Times like these I really miss HC Baker.  We did not often agree about politics but at least we discussed them.  And PLEASE, this is NOT a request for any of you reading this to send me your opinions.  Between now and November, prayer will be my resource!

I'm nearly rested from the week with Libby and her kiddos.  And Gracie was with us most of the time.  I've changed the sheets, cleaned the bathrooms, run the vacuum, and grocery shopped (to replenish the larder!).  I'm getting ready for the next group.  Monday, my sisters and cousin Mike from Nashville, TN, will arrive for a week.  Cannot wait to see them.  I had asked Hannah to stay over and return to Louisville with them but at the last moment, she decided she needed to go home with her Mother.  I swear, Libby's children will be with her until the day she dies!  Isaac was not able to make the trip due to his work schedule, but he called every day to check-in.  They are a riot!  And so close.  Each one of them takes care of the others and they all take care of their Mother!  I'm blessed.

The newest member of the family, Nutmeg, is adjusting very well.  She seems to like the house and the attention she gets.  I've had to struggle to give her as much attention this week as she received last week.  And she has not "friended" Iccee the cat!  I think that has more to do with Iccee than Nutmeg!  We'll see.

The weather here has been absolutely glorious.  The high's are in the low 80's and at night the low 60's.  We have had a few hot days that required turning on the window unit AC's but as a whole it's been very nice.

School does not start up here until the day after Labor Day, so I have a little more summer time with Garrett and Gracie.  Garrett is spending every day, 8am-noon, practicing football.  He'll be on the 9th grade team this year.  Gracie and I spend out time together deciding how to maximize her locker space as she will attend middle school for the first time (the same middle school where her Mother teaches).  Gracie is very excited and Garrett is very excited he will be in the high school building away from Gracie!!!!!

The Olympics occupy my TV time.  WOW!  Can you believe some of the things you have seen?  How do they run and swim so fast, jump so far, bend their bodies, jump on that beam, tread water so long,  and not kill themselves?  I am continually amazed.  Best wishes to them all and praying for safe trips home.

Praying for several dear friends facing the end of life and of course, our soldiers and their families.

Providing your outside air is good, breathe in these last few days of summer and enjoy!  xxoo      

No comments:

Post a Comment