Friday, March 23, 2012

Calgon, take me away!

Remember that slogan?  I do and it seemed so relaxing and indulgent!  Do they still sell it?  I also remember Saturdays when I would clean the house, do the laundry, maybe paint a room, take one of those Calgon refreshers, fix a great dinner and then enjoy a quiet evening (not asleep in the chair!).  Where did those days go?  Better still, where did that energy go?  Once again, I have to repeat the phrase, growing old is not for the faint of heart!

I have spent all week in my bedroom.
Monday - I pulled up old, old, old wall-to-wall carpet and pad (that crumbled in my hands), and removed the tack strip.  I kept having to move the furniture to get the job done.  TR hauled it out of the house for me.
Tuesday - Had a final walk-thru of the first floor with the contractor.  Seriously need a few touch-ups so the painters will come Thursday morning to hopefully finish that job.  Also met with another contractor about the upstairs bathrooms.  Went to Lowe's to buy the paint for the bedroom.
Wednesday - And so it begins.  Paint, paint, paint.  Got all the walls covered and they look great.  The color is apricot mist.  Love it!
Thursday - Painted all the trim bright white.  2 windows, 3 doors and the baseboards.  I hate painting trim.  My sister Linda is the Queen of trim painting.  She taught art all of her professional career and has the patience of Job.  Wish she had been here.  Had to get done and the mess cleaned up to watch the U of L game.  YES!!!!  On to the Elite 8!!!!
Friday - I have spent today painting the floor.  I so wish it wasn't so messy to sand and refinish wooden floors but I can't do that.  So, the floor is being painted black.  I have painted about 2/3 of it and am waiting for it to dry so I can move the furniture and paint the last 1/3.  Hopefully I will have it done by the time the UK game is played.  If not, the floor will wait until tomorrow.  Got to see UK BEAT IU!!!!!!  Pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!  I love U of L first but I want everyone to know the state of Kentucky owns basketball!!!!!!

Plans for tomorrow - get my bedroom back in order, hang pictures, add wingback chairs, lamps, clean linens, and sleep there tomorrow night.  (I need a wonderful rug so maybe tomorrow night...shopping!)
I have been sleeping in the front guest room and for those of you coming to visit, those mattresses are fabulous!  My friend Christy said it's a beautiful room to wake up in and it is!  It has 3 windows so there's a different view out each of them.  And it's my quilt room.  Old quilts on the beds, at the foot of the beds, on a quilt rack, and framed quilt squares hanging on the wall.  I love that room.  Once my bedroom is done, on to the front porch!  Can't wait!  And once the front porch is done...I'm getting a MANICURE!!!!!!

But for tonight, UK and Bath & Body Works version of Calgon!  Oh, and Ibuprofen!!!!!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment