Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Front Porch

The high temperature today was...64!!!!!  I spent the day on our wonderful front porch.  In case you've forgotten, that's where everything without a home was stashed.  And since the porch is not heated, it's been a while since I reviewed "what all" was out there.  I emptied 6 boxes and found all sorts of very special things.

I discovered a box of missing crystal including a Waterford bowl and was so grateful the cold hadn't cracked it.  Found my silver punch bowl and wondered what my guests will think when it appears on my dining room table with a "special" punch!

I found the photo albums.  I spent several hours with those sweet memories.  It truly seems as if only a moment has passed since the children were born.  And then the grandchildren!  Photos of HC Baker sometimes even with me in the photo too!  Isn't it funny how all family albums have photos showing one parent in each family picture because the other one is taking it?  It's a nice surprise when HC and I are in the same picture.  If I knew how to scan a photo there is one I would show you immediately!  HC and I are in Bermuda (our all-time favorite place) and I look FABULOUS...exactly like a movie star!  HC looks pretty good too!  I think we were celebrating my 35th birthday!  Now that was a while back.

I found several framed Ray Harm bird prints that had been in a crate for years!  Since our new home was built in 1854, they definitely belong in the front guest room.  Quite a few more framed things were found and I have just the perfect place for them!

Oh, I also found 2 mounted deer heads, a stuffed pheasant, and a variety of antlers!  How wonderful!  (The basement is already full!)

I can't wait until tomorrow and see what else I can find on the front porch!        

No comments:

Post a Comment