Tuesday, March 13, 2012

TV?????

I know it's late but I have painted furniture all day which allowed me to paint and sit and paint and sit.  I'm doing some decorative things (copying actually) I saw last summer at an antique show.  It's fun and I think will look pretty cool!  So during my "sit" periods, I had the opportunity to see 3 things on TV I had never seen before.

2 Kenyon Guys (and I saw 2 episodes/1/2 hour each)
This was kinda' cool IF it was the real thing.  Two warriors from a village in Kenya came to New York so that one of them could run in the NY Marathon.  The elders in their village wanted them to see and learn new things and bring that information back to the village.  The first half hour was spent in New York City and they were quite surprised at the sights.  The second half hour was spent in Texas and I found this episode more interesting.  They visited a ranch with goats - very funny, went to a Texas
bar-b-que - meat, meat, meat, and then learned how to lasso a steer at a rodeo - successfully!  If you see this show on your guide, check it out.  I so hope it's REAL!

Fashion Star
What was that?  Unknown designers created 3 outfits that were modeled for 3 mentors who included Jessica Simpson (didn't recognize her), Nicole Richie (eat something), and some man I had no idea as to his identity.  They were the fashion authorities????????  Then there were 3 people each representing Macy's, Saks, and H&M or M&H (?).  The store representatives would decide if they would purchase the items designed by the unknowns for selling in their stores.  They would make an offer of money to buy the designs if they felt they could sell them.  At the end of the show, one of the "not chosen" unknown designers was sent packing!  It's another version of Project Runway and several other similar shows.  Are we that bored?

Now for the good show!  Quite by accident I watched WKU commit 28 turnovers and then turn around and beat a Mississippi team in the last minute!  It was wonderful.  HC Baker would be so proud.  The commentators talked about the 1971 team that included Clem Haskins and I think if I heard correctly, the coach of the losing team.  HC was at that game and I believe it was played in Iowa.  HC was in the pep band and he always talked about what a game that was.  I'm happy for WKU and their next game is against UK!  Oh boy!
*Note - One thing I thought was interesting, the President was there and he didn't seem very happy that WKU won.  Did he think they were all republicans????????

So that's my day!  And I get to do it again tomorrow.  I love being retired and doing the things I want to do.  The weather warmed up today to 43!  It's supposed to continue the warm weather the rest of the week.  I know 43 doesn't sound very warm, but when it's been in the teens and twenties, 43 is great.  I am so grateful for my many blessings.  God is good!    

No comments:

Post a Comment