Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I't been a while since I have given you a report on my doings, comings and goings.

TR Baker and I made it to Louisville late Saturday afternoon.  The trip was quite something as it snowed from our home in Topinabee to Dayton!  Sometimes we were going 25 mph on I-75!  Saw lots of cars and trucks spinning out and hitting things.  We were very careful.  Finally made it and I dropped TR Baker off at his friends Matt and Shannon and Devin's home and I haven't seen or heard from him since.  I know he was so glad to see them.  I came to my sister, Linda's, even though she and her husband Bill are in Florida...freezing to death!  They'll be back home this weekend.

I quickly changed and headed to Libby's because she was having the twins (Hannah and Isaac) birthday dinner and I definitely wanted to be a part of that.  Had a wonderful time, laughing and talking and hugging, and ate a delicious dinner.  Libby is a wonderful cook (as is my daughter Emily).  Finally got to bed about 11:30 and was immediately out like a light!

Sunday morning - I made it to church on time.  Getting to church is always a challenge since living in Topinabee.  I forget there are more than 4 cars on the road!  Loved the service and of course saw so many precious friends.  I miss Sunday morning services.  I have not found a church in my area yet and when I do it will not be the "big" church.  All of the churches around me are very small.  Quite honestly, I have not been going to church.  Tried a couple and it didn't happen for me.  I know it's not the church building or the order of service or the hymns that are sung or the "preacher", but I need to feel some kind of connection.  Being at SMBC on Sunday provided sweet memories.  After church, lunch with the Kirklands!!!!!  And Uncle Dave joined us too.  Great time.

Sunday night I had dinner with my delightful high school friends - Janet, Heidi, Honi, Trish and Debbie.  We toasted Lyn who passed away earlier in the month.  We'll miss her as will many others.  It was a laugh a minute...literally!  The great thing about being with your high school friends is we all know how old the others are!!!!!  And this is a big year for all of us...65!  WOW!!!!!!!

Monday included a very special lunch with Joyce and Cinda.  I had not seen them in person since they walked the Susan G. Komen 60 mile/3-day event last September.  I'm still bursting with pride for their incredible accomplishment.  And catching up on all the scoops is always fun.  Monday evening I was able to have dinner with my sister Mary.  She has just returned from Washington DC and a Habitat for Humanity national conference.  I love listening to her carry on!

Tuesday - today - Valentine's Day - I hope each of you had a very special day being appreciated by someone you care about.  I had two special treats.  Lunch with my dear friend Christy.  After I moved north and was living at my blue cottage, Christy was my first friend brave enough to drive up and visit.  She brought her friend Kristi with her and we had one of the most special visits anyone would wish for.    And she and Kristi came back again in 2011 after I had just moved to the new house in Topinabee.  The remodeling had not begun, everything was incredibly UGLY, furniture was everywhere but we sat outside under trees with golden leaves falling all around us.  Another very special visit.  Oh and we solved the problems of the world.  Lunch was wonderful but didn't hold a candle to being with a wonderful friend.  And after lunch I got a hug from Jeffrey!!!!

Tonight I spent in the home of the Kirklands.  Great meal but the sharing of time and lives was the perfect part (not to mention the after dinner entertainment provided by the future American Idol winner, Miss Mary Helen Kirkland while big brother Reed read a book and shook his head).  He has a tough road ahead being the big brother to Miss Mary Helen!  Unforgettable Valentine evening I will remember always.

Looking forward to tomorrow when I will see more of my special friends who are so kind and generous to me.  All of them have supported me throughout my new journey.  They are true friends.  They listen with love.  I am blessed.          

No comments:

Post a Comment