Monday, February 6, 2012

Today's Thoughts!

Today was the second day of a very nice warming trend that's not supposed to last very long but was  much enjoyed by me!  The high today was 44 and the sun was brilliantly shining!  There's still plenty of snow around in big heaps where it's been plowed out of the way.  I actually saw a circle of my driveway today where the ice had melted.  And just a few minutes ago I heard and watched a snowmobiler cross the lake.  That's a very brave thing to do with the warming we've had the last 2 days.  The lake is very interesting to see.  Since it is frozen, the fishermen have moved their  "shanties" out on the lake where they saw (with a saw or something) a hole to drop their line to ice fish.  Really boggles my mind!  And scares me to death too!

Last week my Louisville grandson Adam celebrated his 17th birthday.  Today I mailed Hannah and Isaac (twins) birthday cards for their 20th birthday on Sunday.  Now that's hard to believe!  Where does the time go?  I'm so proud of all of them.  Daniel will be 21 in April.  It's also a very melancholy time for me.  They are adults.  The older 3 will vote in their first presidential election.  I wish they had better choices.  (Sorry, I shouldn't make a political statement but...)  I had to stop and take a deep breath.  And TR Baker has a birthday Thursday...he'll be 34...and he's the baby???

Well, the contractor sent me my final bill so I guess that means he's done with his part.  I'm not sure what to think of this.  Having never worked with a contractor before I admit I was so excited to watch the work get done.  Now that it's done, I'm afraid my expectations might have been too great.  I'll have to think about this before I mail that check.  HC Baker, where are you?????

I've started clearing the front porch.  Unfortunately, it ended up being the dumping place for the leftover boxes and bins that have not found a home yet.  TR Baker has organized the garage and we have 1 car parking there!!!  Hooray!  I did find 2 Belle of Louisville framed photos that HC Baker took many years ago and hung them in our den.  Also uncrated my stained glass window HC Baker gave me quite a few Christmases ago and TR Baker nailed it to a window in the dining room.  It looks fabulous!  Who knows what else I'll find out there?

OK, I have spent the last two weeks thinking, praying, and researching websites to decide if I want to start a new business.  A thought came to me several months ago and I forced it out of my head.  It keeps coming back.  So I decided I'd at least "run some numbers".  And I'm still running those numbers.  I'll tell you more as the decision making process moves forward.  This is something I'll not start until late 2013 or early 2014.  Quite honestly, after working outside the home for 40 years I'm bored.  I love being retired so I have no interest in working for someone else and that leaves working for me!  Another decision to make!  I hate making decisions.  Never did until HC Baker died.  The only decisions I made were what shoes to buy and where to eat lunch!  HC Baker, where are you?????

TR Baker and I plan to drive to Louisville on Saturday or Sunday depending on the weather.  I have several appointments so will be there for a couple of weeks.  TR will fly back after one week and hold down the fort!  I'm looking forward to seeing Louisville daughter/Libby and her 4, both of my sisters, and many friends.  Sister Linda still has a few problems with her back since her bout with cancer and has been trying to paint her bedroom.  I told her to stay off the ladder and I would help her when I got there.  (What was I thinking???)  Just kidding - glad to help her.

I do have the TV on in the other room and can hear U of L beating UConn and that's a good thing!  Go Cards!  Survived the Super Bowl as all of you did.  It's over and that's about all I can say.  Just glad I didn't have to clean all that confetti off the field!

My life as I know it now is made up of lots of little moments.  Can you tell?  I love thinking about all of you.  Madeline is about to leave for Iceland...for pleasure!!!!!  Randy is moving from Lexington, KY, to Florida.  Many of you are struggling in school and college - not necessarily with grades but just life as it happens every day.  Some of you will welcome new little babies and special "chosen" big girls!  Some will celebrate with weddings.  Some are ill and still fighting the good fight successfully.  It's the little moments that make life so grand!  Blessings to you all!        

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment