Monday, February 27, 2012

Headed Home!

The car is all packed except for the overnight essentials and I plan to be on the road by 7am tomorrow morning.  I have had the best time loving my family and friends, visiting with friends, meeting new friends, and of course...shopping!  Shopped a few of the locally owned small businesses in town and found wonderful things to complement my new home's first floor.  (Was concerned I would need a
u-haul to get back!)

Thank you to Christy and Mary Beth - laughed so hard my sides hurt the next day.  Delighted to see Erin and Katy and all the babies!  My dear friends John, Sherry and Lois at Taste of Kentucky - can't wait for my Derby party!  Pat and Ashley had a delicious lunch for me and shared their new home with me.

Sunday morning early service at SMBC was exceptional.  Saw so many I had not seen in some time.  And saw precious Francie Lou who just celebrated her 2nd birthday.  How time flies!  Brunch with the Wilson's and lunch (I know!!!!) with my dear friends, the Kirklands.  I ended yesterday with daughter Libby and the "big" grandkiddos!  Today, sisters Linda and Mary helped me spend the last two pennies I had!  Dinner tonight at Mitchell's Fish Market - delicious!

I want to let you know Sarah and the RODEO were incredible!  If you want a Saturday night full of fun head to Loretto, Kentucky.  You won't be sorry!

I have the most wonderful friends in the world.  I'm always excited to arrive and sad to leave.  TR flew home Sunday, the 19th, and has called several times.  He has been to the grocery and cleaned the house.  I miss him.  Son-in-law Brett called today to check my schedule for tomorrow and to let me know snow is expected tomorrow night with a BIG snow storm hitting Thursday and Friday.  Oh my!  While I have enjoyed the beautiful spring-like weather today, it's still freezing cold up north.

This time tomorrow night I will be home.  Grand-daughter Grace requested I return before March 1st because that is the 1-year anniversary of her mother (Emily) falling and breaking her leg in 2 million places!!!  I am to bake a cake and Grace will cut it in the shape of a leg and decorate it as a surprise for her Mother!  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family.  I miss them all when I'm not with them.

OK friends - I have one reservation for a visit to my home in October.  What dates are the rest of you selecting?

Yesterday's sermon was about the Lord as my Shepherd.  He has be so faithful to me.  But I want all of you to know you have been faithful to me too.  Each of you are also my shepherd.  What would I do without you?

Until we meet again...      



    

No comments:

Post a Comment