Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Tale of Two Bras!

Sometimes I miss HC Baker so much I think it might kill me.  Trips back to Louisville always make me remember the little things.  Eating at WW Cousins, early church, Hub and Reenie, time spent with Jack and Lou, sister-in-law Jenna, songs on the radio, and the list goes on.  On the trip back yesterday, I always take deep breaths as mile marker 262 approaches.  Then I pass it and then pass the turn-around where the ambulance turned and took me to the emergency room in Grayling...alone.

After I have my "moment", I can usually count on getting angry at him.  For cryin' out loud, he was the insurance man!!!!!  He knew better!

But yesterday, when I would normally get angry, I had to laugh.  If he weren't already dead, he would have died yesterday at my purchase.  I've always said HC Baker would have had the first dollar he made if he hadn't married me.  I always worked as hard as I could to spend his money!  And yesterday I won the prize!

Two weeks ago, my sister Mary was in Washington, DC.  When I saw her in Louisville, she was telling me about the most wonderful store in Tysons Corner (and if you've been to Tysons Corner you know what an absolutely fabulous mall it is).  She went to Intimacy and purchased two bras.  She was wearing one and showed it to me and it was beautiful.  The lovely ladies at Intimacy "fit" you for a bra.  When she arrived, they talked first about her concerns with bras.  She then tried on several until she found the perfect one...two.  And while you're there, they offer you coffee, tea, bottled water, sodas. champagne, and/or chocolates.  Having always been frustrated with bras, I said I had to go there.  I went to the internet, found their web sight and locations.  The closest to Louisville would be Chicago or Atlanta or DETROIT!!!!!  I immediately made an appointment and listed my "bra" frustrations and said champagne and chocolates were very important to me too!

Yesterday at 2pm I arrived at the Somerset Collection Mall in Troy, Michigan.  It has a north and south and I needed the south where the anchors were Neiman's and Saks!  And valet parking!  I was in heaven.  I was met at the door by Catherine who asked me if I wanted to start with the champagne and chocolates (It's true!!!) or wait until later.  I said I would wait.  We began the fitting process and I'm here to tell you I now own 2 of the most fabulous bras ever made in the history of the world!  AND...they are beautiful.  I had a wonderful time while I was there.  Beautiful store, beautiful things, excellent sales associates, excellent customer service, and I felt like a queen!

Now, back to not feeling the anger after my "moment" on the road yesterday.  I had to laugh because if HC Baker was buried in a grave, he would be rolling over at what I spent on 2 bras.  However, the good news is he's in a black box on the book shelf in the den and I plan to show him exactly how I spent his money.  Even in death, there are ways a wife can still irritate the livin' daylights out of her husband!  Life is good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment