Sunday, October 30, 2011

24 Hours

We are back at Emily's home talking and making plans for the next 2 days.  Tomorrow (Sunday) Brett will go and empty the car and bring those belongings back to me.  HC's ashes will be ready by 11am Monday with the death certificates, so Emily, the children and I will leave for home and pick up HC on the way.

The past 24 hours have been exhausting.  I haven't slept since Thursday night so I realize I must try and get some sleep.  I still only have HC's cell phone and have been so blessed by the love and support from friends around the world.  I take the phone with me to bed, and amazingly enough I do fall asleep.  The phone wakes me at 3am.  I answer it immediately and listen to TR crying.  He said he didn't expect me to answer it.  He just wanted to hear Dad's voice.  I hung up the phone and it quickly rang again.  I didn't answer it, but held it tightly to my heart.

What a journey we have ahead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment