Sunday, January 15, 2012

This weekend up north!

I have spent the weekend looking at the insides of my kitchen cupboards while the doors were taken to be painted.  This is in preparation to have the last of the hinges replaced.  They did a few on Friday and I have discovered 2 of the doors no longer close at all because the hinges were not replaced where they should have been.  ERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

On Friday they also painted the 2nd floor railing and bannister and they must have used a different paint.  When you climb the stairs and run your hand along the bannister, it's not smooth.  It feels chalky and it's not shiny.  What's with that?

They are due back in the morning so I'm excited!

Very cold up here with plenty of snow.  The snowmobilers were out in full force this weekend.  Grandson, Garrett (13) and son-in-law, Brett went to a snowmobile race this weekend in Gaylord, about 45 minutes away.  Garrett won his first race, placed 3rd in the next race, and during his 3rd race something broke on the snowmobile.  Brett and Garrett thought they fixed it and he went to race again only to have the same problem occur.  They packed it up and came home.  It was 13 degrees outside.  (Only one of the reasons I didn't make this trip.)

I did go to my favorite grocery store this weekend, Glenn's Fresh Market in Petoskey.  I usually hate to go to the grocery store but love Glenn's FM.  The reason I don't go there very often is I love everything they have and spend too much money.  Granddaughter Gracie was with me and we walked every aisle.  She pointed out to me everything she loved that her mother wouldn't buy!  Great!  We did have wonderful conversations about all the food.  We gave a quick look at all the markdown's from the holidays and decided we would look for things that reminded us of spring.  In the produce section we first talked about the fresh cut flowers.  Gracie said they weren't really spring flowers but flowers God made so you'd think it was spring.  We did accept the "forced" tulips, hyacinths, and daffodils as legal spring flowers but you'd have to keep them inside according to Gracie.  The most spring-like fruit was the sliced watermelon.  Gracie said that it really reminds her more of summer.  She doesn't like it but loves the color and the smell.  You can imagine the rest of the grocery store tour.  It was quite a surprise when we "checked out" for me to find in my cart then into my bags Better Cheddar crackers, Cadbury Easter eggs, some kind of chocolate cereal, orange sodas, individual peanut butter cups with pretzel stix (when did that come out?), and hot pink nail polish!!!!  And all I wanted was a "good" tomato!          

No comments:

Post a Comment