Friday, January 20, 2012

What a week!

Don't know where to begin and when it will end!

My kitchen is NOT finished!  The workers did not show up on Monday.  I waited until 11am and then called the contractor.  He said my cabinet doors were not ready and they would come Wednesday.  I said thanks for the call!!!!!  The worker (1) showed up on Wednesday.  The other carpenter had a pulled muscle or something.  The cabinet doors are all attached but he had to trim them down so they would close.  He asked me if I thought they needed to be re-painted.  DUH!!!!  I spoke with the contractor and he said they would be here next Tuesday to paint.  Also coming on Tuesday will be the floor guys to repair the last 2 ugly, done wrong, pitiful, no excuse kitchen floor seams.  I know I've always had a reputation for speaking my mind but let me tell you I have taken it to a whole new level.  So by Tuesday.  We'll see.

Well, guess what?  It has snowed every day this week.  I have no idea how much snow is outside, but I can assure you it's a lot!  On Tuesday, Thursday and today, it snowed all day and night.  My joke with TR Baker every morning when he wakes up is I hollar at him and say guess what...it snowed last night!  He loves it as you can well imagine.  He is so like his father and loves the outdoors.  He goes almost every day to a close by nature preserve and hikes.  When he's ready to walk out the door I always remember when he was very young.  I would wrap him up like an eskimo, point him toward the door and hope he could move.  We've all been there, right?  The snow outside it beautiful.  It's on the evergreens, the trees, the house, and TR's little car is nearly buried (he did uncover it today and start it up).  Thursday the schools were closed so now you know we have a lot of snow.

I read on the internet Louisville was hit with some very heavy winds.  My sister Linda lost her electricity for a bit and she said the worst of the winds hit very close to her in Barbormeade.  Hope everyone survived with yourself and home in tact!  Now I read Louisville is expecting ice.  Whoa!  We all hate those ice storms.  Please be careful!

I spend my time reading and cooking.  It's so very peaceful, a wonderful time for meditation and reflection.  I have personal prayer time twice a day but decided to add another time.  This is a prayer time for all my friends, new and old (meaning length of time I've know them...not relating to age at all!!!!!)  I have friends who have been fighting illness for a long time, friends who have longed for special happiness for themselves and their family, friends who are unhappy at their work but cannot leave, friends who are unemployed and under-employed, friends worried about their children, and the list goes on.  I have been so blessed by this prayer time.  I don't know what makes it so heart-filling, but it is.  All of you are included in my prayers simply because you're YOU!  YOU make my life a much better life and I am so grateful for and blessed by your friendship.

Take care of yourselves.  xxoo  

P.S.  I am sick, sick, sick of the presidential debates and the candidates.  I'm trying to make an intelligent, educated, serious decision and if I had to vote today, I'd write-in my own name!      

        

1 comment: