Wednesday, June 12, 2013

All better today!

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...  The sun is shining and the temperature must be in the mid 70's.  I actually have a few windows open!  And I survived the third anniversary day.  Thank you to so many of you who sent thoughts and prayers my way!  As I tell myself quite regularly, I can do this!    

So today I spent the morning washing and ironing the bed linens.  I can't wait to go to bed tonight because I love to get into a clean, crisp bed!!!

I have my paints out and am painting an old window.  Earlier this spring (when was that?), I had a few windows replaced and kept one of the old ones.  It was a window in the back shower room that wasn't meant to open.  It's a square with one vertical divider.  I'm painting the view out my front window with a "winterscape" on one half and a spring/"summerscape" on the other half.  So far it looks really cool!  I plan to hang it in the back guest room.

Right now I'm on a "break" and drinking a diet coke!  There was a time in my life (the last few years of my professional life) when I do believe I was addicted to them.  So now they serve as a treat to me.  I still love them but rarely have one.  People who know me also know I only drink diet coke out of a can.  And if I have to actually drink it out of the can, I must have a straw.  Weird, I know, but today I'm enjoying my diet coke in a glass with ice.

Finally got through the mail that accumulated while I was in Louisville.  When TR Baker went to the post office to collect it, he brought it home in a mail crate!  Boy was there a lot of junk!  Most of it was a huge waste of paper and postage.  Most of us have ourselves on a "no call" list for our phones so how can we get on a "no mail" list?  Is there a "no mail" list?  There should be!

For my birthday, TR Baker gave me an AM/FM radio/CD player (exactly what I asked for).  I brought it back from Louisville, put it in the closet and for the first time today finally had the time to open the box and get it out.  I also went in search of my CD's.  Found them!  Now all I have to do is put them together.  TR Baker also fixed my printer today.  I explained to him what the issue was and he sat down, hit the print button, and BINGO! out came the copy.  He just looked at me and I looked at him and told him to do it again!  And guess what?  It didn't work!  Hooray!!!!!  Now I didn't feel like a super idiot, just a regular idiot!  Well, it's fixed now.  Thank you TR Baker.  (He's not only my heavy lifter, he's my fixer!)

So yes, I'm all better today.  I hope you are too!  xxoo

If you can, keep in your prayers my friend C and her grandson E and his family.  Please and Thank you!                

No comments:

Post a Comment