Friday, June 7, 2013

Quick Trip!

Last Thursday, TR Baker and I headed to Louisville for my grandson, Adam's, high school graduation.    He is my youngest Louisville grandson and my daughter Libby's youngest.  All of hers are now through high school, all graduated with honors, all headed toward the rest of their lives.  I was able to be with them more than usual and that was wonderful.  We had 2 parties, 2 dinners, one afternoon graduation, and lots of prep time for all of that!!!  What fun!

Adam graduated from Floyd Central High School where 413 shining faces received their diplomas.  Did you hear me...413!  Adam's last name is Tuma, so not only at the last of the alphabet, but the second letter being a "u", at the end of the "T's"!!!!  And all the families and friends sitting on wooden bleachers!  Oh my achin' you know what!  He was of course the most handsome graduate!  The program was wonderful.  The band played pre-program music.  What a sharp looking and sounding group of young people.  The men were in their tuxedos and the ladies in long black gowns.  The last song before 'Pomp & Circumstance' was Amazing Grace.  I noticed two young men standing in the rear holding bagpipes.  Midway through the performance they began to play.  Oh my goodness, it was beautiful.  And they were really puffin'!  At the end of the song, they looked at each other and immediately threw their arms around each other as if to say we did it!  It was so beautiful to see!  The story is these two young men decided to learn to play the bagpipes about 3 months ago and were so nervous to perform not really sure they could do it.  Well, they did.  During the graduation program, another musical group, the a cappella choir, performed two selections.  The first being "I Believe I Can Fly" and the second was a song that included an Irish blessing.  (The band had also played a medley of Irish tunes.)  I finally turned to Libby and asked why all the Irish stuff?  She looked at me and said, "Well Mom, they are the Floyd Central Highlanders!"  Oops, at least now it made sense.  The school colors and the color of the graduates gowns was, of course, green!  Beautiful program from the beginning to the (very welcome) end!

It was an exciting weekend.  My heart was filled!  Do you sometimes just look around you and wonder how in the world did I get here?  I do and did this weekend.  My daughter Libby has raised/reared/whatever four smart, caring, helpful, compassionate, handsome and beautiful people.  Congratulations to HER!  I missed all of them before I crossed the bridge.

I had a birthday while in Louisville and was able to celebrate with wonderful family and friends.   (I missed having Emily, Brett, Garrett and Gracie there.)  Another year...Jeeze Louise!  Thank you to all of you who sent birthday greetings.  That alone makes me love facebook!

I'm back home and yesterday evening welcomed my first summer guests, Jack and Lou and Miss Anita!  We've already talked for hours, and I'm so excited we have lots more hours and lots more to say.  The sun is shining this morning and the temperature is supposed to climb to 70 today.  Maybe this is spring!  I hope today is a spring day for you too!

(When you say your prayers today, say a special prayer for a dear friend "C" and her precious grandson "E" and his family.  They are in a bad place right now.  Please and thank you!)

Happy Friday and Safe Travels for so many of you on the road!  xxoo            

No comments:

Post a Comment