Sunday, June 30, 2013

Stars and Stripes FOREVER!!!

Second round of summer guests have come and gone.  My nephew Trey, his wife and youngest son came to the cool, cool weather of Topinabee and brought the hot, hot weather of Louisville.  And as soon as they left, the temperatures returned to the mid-70's!  How did they do that?  I know I spent years enduring that Louisville heat and humidity but once you get out of the habit and realize there are summer temperatures you can enjoy...well, 'nuf said!

We had a great time visiting and gossiping about the rest of the family.  (If any family is a part of my FB network, they'll just have to wonder what was said!)  They also went to the island.  One of Trey's all-time favorite movies is "Somewhere in Time" that was filmed on the island at the Grand Hotel.  He had a "grand" time seeing the history of the movie and the hotel on display throughout.  We had plenty of ice cream and candy at the candy store and I do believe a good time was had by all!  I was sad to see them leave.  Hopefully they will be back.

So I'm in the "strip the beds, vacuum the floors, go to the grocery" mode to get ready for the next visitors, my sister Linda and her husband Bill.  They arrive Tuesday.  Linda has been here several times, at the "new" house as well as the blue cottage, but this will be Bill's first time.  I'm so looking forward to seeing them.

So...Stars and Stripes FOREVER!!!

My garden seems to be doing pretty well.  Most of my perennials from last year have reappeared and that's quite exciting for a non-gardener like myself.  I have planted a few more this year plus a few annuals for a splash of color.  I do believe my STARgazer lilies are about to bloom.  They are my favorite flower and their fragrance is fabulous.  Also just about to bloom are my tiger STRIPED lilies!  I think I planted 50 bulbs and it looks like all of them survived the winter!

Can't believe I'm going to comment on this situation but you know me.  I just cannot keep my mouth shut when my heart feels so strongly.  I have and will continue to love Paula Deen FOREVER!!!!!!
She is an incredible woman who has overcome amazing obstacles, raised two wonderful sons, loves her family with all her heart, built an awesome business from nothin' and, most importantly, loves her Lord!  And I am so glad no one was recording what I said or did 30 years ago.  (I'm off my soapbox for today!)  Thanks for listening!

Happy 4th of July!  God Bless the USA!

Please continue to remember E and C in your prayers.  Thank you.  xxoo    



No comments:

Post a Comment