Friday, June 14, 2013

Beautiful Flag Day!

Today the temperature is hovering right around 70, the sun is brilliant and a breeze (well, slightly stronger than a breeze) is "waving" the flags all around town.  It's truly a wonderful sight!

I've watered all the flowers and plants, moved a few to the sunshine, written letters and now am painting on the front porch.  Wonderful friends in town are having a Flag Day party this evening and I'm looking forward it.  Last night I had dinner with up north friends and guess what?  They celebrated my birthday!  It was great fun to get to celebrate twice this year.  Also received some wonderful gifts...an extra added plus!

Well, just back in from out of doors where I helped/supervised/watched over TR Baker as he replaced a cedar shingle that appears to have just fallen off the house.  He used a ladder that came with the house.  It's a wooded extension ladder and weighs about a million pounds.  TR Baker is one strong guy, and he was struggling.  And then there's the placement of the ladder.  Lean it against the rooftop or against the house?  He decided the rooftop.  Up he climbed with shingle, hammer and nail and got it done.  While placing the ladder he was trying to avoid a funky kind of tree that grows right where the ladder needed to be.  He said he'd cut it down but we don't have a hatchet.  I said there's one right in the garage in the tool chest.  He told me to "find it!"  About 60 seconds later I came out of the garage with the hatchet!!!!  He said "where'd you find that?"  I ignored him.  Score one for me!!!!

I have a big "ball" jar sitting on the windowsill in the kitchen.  It's my grateful jar.  When I think of something I'm grateful for, I put a note in it.  At the end of this year I will open all the notes and read them and remember.  Today I had to empty the jar because it was full.  That was fun.  (The last note I put in the jar said "I found the hatchet"!!!!!)

Please have something in your life to be grateful for today!  How about the American flag?

Enjoy life!  xxoo

        

No comments:

Post a Comment