Sunday, April 29, 2012

I did it!

It took me a week to finish it but I did it!  My front porch looks wonderful.  It's bright and happy and clean!  Thank all of you so much for your kind thoughts and words.  And I want each of you to come up and sit on my porch with me.  The view is spectacular!  We can talk non-stop or not at all!  I'm good at both!  I have plenty of great books to read and TR Baker is a terrific cook.  The good news is he's not messy like his Dad!

Brett and Garrett came over tonight to help TR Baker hang two mirrors in the living room.  They are both very old and heavy and lifting is not my thing or using the stud finder, or the level and or the hammer.  The first mirror they hung we have had for a bunch of years.  Many of you have seen it but I don't know if you know the story.  It's about 5 x 3 with a beautiful 6 inch wide layered dark cherry frame.  It used to hang in the shoe department in the Bacon's downtown store.  HC Baker's mother, June was a shoe buyer at the time they closed that store and she asked for it and they gave it to her.  At that time we lived on Cherokee Road and she knew it was perfect for that house.  It was!  And we've had it ever since.  Now it lives in Michigan!  The other mirror actually belonged to June.  It's about the same size but quite dramatically gold with lots of "curlyques" and cherub faces and flowers and...you name it.  When June died it was the one thing TR Baker asked for, so it is now living in Michigan too.  Both mirrors really complete the living room.  I'm still hanging stuff on the walls and probably will be until I die!

HC Baker used to hate to leave town for fear of what I would do while he was away.  All of you probably remember the story when I sold our home before he had even gotten to his destination.  The house wasn't on the market but we had talked about it.  I got an offer and accepted it and away we went.  Then one time I completely changed the kitchen and he didn't even notice until he'd been home for 3 days!!!!!  Another time he was only gone for a few days and I re-arranged the living room.  He came home very late to a dark house and fell over a chair!  He was thrilled.  Enough of that!

TR Baker and I are getting ready this week for our second Michigan Derby Party!!!!!  (He came from Louisville last year to help!)  He's responsible for the yard and I'm responsible for the food.  He will have quite a few of his new Michigan friends and I will have some new guests too.  Everyone's very excited and wonder what is a Derby Party?  We knocked their sox off last year and plan a repeat performance this year.  If there are any of you without plans, get in your car and head this way.

Monday I have a track meet, Tuesday is my sister Mary's birthday and Friday is Brett's birthday.  My sister Mary is the youngest of the sisters (that's what she always tells people when the 3 of us are introduced together) and this year the youngest will be...drumroll please...60!!!!!!  For heaven's sake DO NOT TELL HER I TOLD YOU HER AGE!!!!!!!!!  She will not let us talk about it at all.  But we have plans for her.  She will hate every moment which is exactly what we hoped for.  And DO NOT WARN HER!!!!!!!  Friday Brett will be 43.  Libby just turned 43 so I have lived through the "43" once and can do it again!

Hope everyone has a fun-filled Derby week.  Stay safe and remember I love each of you!  xxoo    



  

No comments:

Post a Comment