Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lots of News!

First and foremost, Happy Easter to each of you.  It's the best holiday in the world.  And the best holiday of our lives.  Oh how He loves you and me!

Sad news to report from Cheboygan, MI.  Cheboygan is the small town about 10 miles north of me where I go to shop. It's the town where my daughter Emily teaches middle school math.  It's where Garrett and Gracie go to school.  Until Tuesday, April 3 at midnight, it had a hospital.  On March 1, the Cheboygan Memorial Hospital filed for bankruptcy.  A corporation called McClaren (I think it's spelled that way) stepped in to buy the hospital.  Deep sign of relief!  Well, somewhere along the way, someone or something shoved a monkey wrench in the works and Tuesday morning at 8am the hospital informed everyone that the hospital would close permanently at midnight that night.  The whole hospital, everything, all of it.  That's 403 people instantly out of work in a town of 5000.  The hospital was the largest employer in Cheboygan County.  What a sad, sad thing to happen.  And every other business in town will be affected.  I'd like to ask each of you to pray for all those out of work and pray this can be fixed and quickly.

Tomorrow, April 6, is Emily's 42nd birthday.  We will celebrate tomorrow night with dinner in my home.  Gracie is coming tomorrow to help make the birthday cake...Heath Bar Cake...YUM!  Ice cream of course will come from Drosts Chocolates!  She was born at 8:47am and I was and continue to be forever blessed.  Easter Sunday morning, Emily, Brett and the children will fly to Arizona for a week of warm weather, their spring vacation.

Today was a beautiful day.  The sunshine was exceptional but it's still pretty cold up here.  It warmed up to 42 this afternoon.  Whoopee!  I have been working on the front porch all week.  I'm still finding pictures I had forgotten about, framed and not.  I spent Tuesday re-working framed family photos and have a very special arrangement just for ME!  I hung quite a few on the wall in my bedroom and even TR came in to look!  Also, Monday and Tuesday, wonderful construction guys put new lighting, floors, sinks and vanities in the upstairs bathrooms.  Now I have to finish making them glamourous by painting the walls.  I am sick of painting!  I'm thinking I will paint them next Monday and Tuesday and then spend Wed/Thur/Fri on the front porch...again.  You all better come up here and see this place.  I've planned it all with you in mind!  October is just about full so pick another month!  September's good!

Even though I'm a CARDS fan, I was an excellent cheerleader for the CATS last Monday night.  So happy for them.  Congratulations to all you CATS fans...especially Denise.  She alone wore me out!

My life is wonderful because I know you all!  Much love and blessings to you on this 2012 Easter!  

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment