Saturday, April 14, 2012

Short Stories...

I'm a recovering Grandmother.  Yesterday my oldest grandson, Daniel, was 21 years old.  How can that be?  When I called to wish him Happy Birthday, I also spoke with his mother, Libby, who informed me she would be 43 next week!  I'm surely not related to these people!

This morning Emily, Brett, Garrett, and Gracie were boarding a plane at 6am Arizona time and I've always been a children traveling worrier!  How about you?  So I had to pray and worry for several hours before they got on the plane.  They are in the air now and will land in Detroit around 3:30pm.  Then with a layover, they will not get to Pellston until 11pm.  That means I can worry all day long!  Note to self, I only have to feed the goats and fish one more time, and get the mail one more time, and I got the "held" mail for the candy store and I bought milk and breakfast goodies for their Sunday morning.  I'm nearly done with their vacation!

I did finish painting the bathrooms.  I started Monday morning and painted until Thursday afternoon.  They look "FAB"!  Today I will scrub them and add the final special touches.  Only had one problem and it's still not solved.  In the half bath, there was an old medicine cabinet, very ugly!!!  So I removed it, unscrewed it and pulled it out of the wall and knew I would replace it with another.  Thought it was kinda odd it was only screwed to the wall on the right side.  Once removed, I saw the left side was occupied by a huge galvanized plumbing pipe.  So...needless to say when I sent to Lowe's (my favorite store - just about everyone knows my name) looking for a replacement medicine cabinet to fit a hole 13.5 x 19, they don't make that size anymore.  They told me how to cut the opening larger and then I told them the left side was a pipe and the right side was a stud!  Oh my!  Got to re-think that whole issue.

And finally, I sat down this morning for a few minutes to eat a bite of breakfast and turned on the news.  The first commercial was this woman, the apparent inventor/creator of some sort of arm "firmer-upper" who was selling some sort of hand-held silver thing that she said made all the difference in the world in her upper arms.  She showed hers off and said not bad for a 51 year old.  Well hell, my upper arms looked that good at 51, it's the "65" look that's causing me to shudder!  And then she said it also gets rid of...ready for this?...BRA FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I know they invent/create new things everyday but who would coin the 2-word descriptive phrase BRA FAT?  And make no mistake, I know exactly what the phrase describes but did I need hear it out loud?

I'm going to scrub and worry.  Have a wonderful weekend.

BRAFATBRAFATBRAFATBRAFATBRAFATBRAFATBRAFATBRAFATBRAFATBRAFAT

xxoo

  

No comments:

Post a Comment