Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It's a Pity Party Day!

UGH!  It's raining outside.  I need spring!  I need sunshine and warm breezy temperatures.  I want my front porch "done" and I want to sit on it and read a good book.  I want to make fresh lemonade and drink it in a frosty glass.  I want to wear my flip-flops!  I want everyone to see my freshly painted bright pink toes.  I want to open my bedroom window and smell the fresh air.  I want a GOOD sliced tomato.  I want fresh basil.  I want my yard to look pretty.  I want grass!!!!!

I've been having nightmares about the half bath upstairs and that dadgum mirror.  Today TR Baker worked to his frustration limit finally getting it attached to the wall over the sink.  He also (grumpily) hung a cabinet I bought to give me storage in that bathroom.  I must admit I get so angry with him.  He is JUST like his father.  No one but me sees fit to operate on my schedule and my schedule is the best schedule.  I had to go to my room and calm down to avoid being really ugly to him.  Yesterday, while STILL going through boxes on the front porch I found a binder my dear friend Ray made for me.  It is full of the messages sent to HC Baker and me on Mayo Clinic's "care pages" while we were living that nightmare.  I read each one and that's when the pity party began!  But did I stop reading?  No, of course not.  I read to the very end.  The good news is by the time I finished, TR Baker had completed the project.  He left shortly thereafter so I was able to organize the new bathroom cupboard and work through my evil moments.

Now the only huge project I have is the front porch.  A sofa and two chairs were left and have 14 loose cushions.  I am going to recover them.  I've already purchased the fabric so all I need to do is get sewing!  The fabric is sail cloth...dark navy, bright red, a primary color floral and coordinating primary color stripe.  The yard people are coming tomorrow (forgot to ask them if they work in the snow and/or rain) and then the outside painters are due to begin on Monday.  Still haven't selected the color.  I have 5 colors I'm considering.  First of all, my storm windows and doors are brown and metal.  So they will have to stay brown and metal.  There is a bit of other trim that can be painted - white I think.  I've narrowed my choices to (remember with brown) Roaming Pony (kind of like Hersheys cocoa in the can), Mark Twain grey brick (kinda dark slate), Perfect Plum (a deep burgandy - why didn't they just call it that?), La Fonda Villa Fountain (no clue right? - kinda grey-green), and Sky Space (a medium to dark teal).  All of these colors have a blue undertone, remember I don't do yellow.  What do you think?  I've asked TR Baker for his opinion and he says he didn't care, pick whichever color I want...see, just like his Dad.  Emily likes the Mark Twain dark grey, Gracie thought pink would be great(??), Garrett shrugged his shoulders, and Brett looked to Emily to see if he should agree with her!

I've done all I can today or should I say I've made all the messes I can today (physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually).  My heart has been so sad because a wonderful young man died last Saturday from an undisclosed heart ailment.  He was 24 and in 4 weeks would have graduated law school.  I'm having difficulty understanding right now.  (Another pity party contributor.)  Please pray for his family.    

OK.  I'm better now.  Thanks for listening.  I love you all!

The sun will come out Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow...is that too many Tomorrows?  There are never too many Tomorrows!  xxoo  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment