Friday, December 9, 2011

First Snow Day!

It snowed last night and continued throughout the day.  Once again the wind was so strong, the snow blew all over.  There's several inches on the ground now with more to come all weekend.  The wonderful thing is I don't have to go out anywhere.  I have plenty of peach tea, hot chocolate, marshmallows, home made soup and the ever popular peanut butter oreos (got a new bag yesterday!).  It looks beautiful outside and the moon just came up and is creating a winter glow.  The lake is beginning to freeze and then the skiers and snowmobilers will arrive.  Winter fun!

What a day with the re-modelers!  The snow is beautiful but not so when it's tracked in over and over and over again.  I had 3 groups of workers today and I mopped between each arrival.  My kitchen floor is a large black and white diamond pattern and is dynamite when it's clean.  (What was I thinking?????)  I love it anyway!

The great news is the downstairs powder room off the kitchen is COMPLETE!!!!!!  I have cleaned it top to bottom and there's just not a cooler looking 1/2 bath in the world!  Black, white and silver with red accessories.  Toilet seat and vanity mat are zebra print.

The pantry is also complete.  I tried to do it myself but ran into a problem that required more knowledge than I had.  One of the carpenters found the studs and mounted the shelves today.  I'm was having trouble finding studs!!!!!  Ha! Ha!  With the pantry complete and cleaned that means the aluminum folding table in the dining room is gone!!!!!  All of the items vacationing there are now in their proper home!

My gosh!  It's beginning to feel like a home and it's beginning to look like a home.  I must admit I was starting to doubt myself and I think I had allowed myself to fall into a slump.  Not good!  Slumps are for frumps.  And that ain't me!

Right now, this very moment, without any hesitation, I'm inviting ALL OF YOU to come for a visit.  (If I were you I'd wait until late spring or summer.)  Lots of people verbally invite others but I really mean it.  I told the carpenters and painters today that after the first of the year I would invite all of them for a Kentucky lunch.  They all laughed at me and said every customer says that and I'd be the first to follow through with it.  I couldn't believe it.  I told them I was making a commitment to them and they would be invited.  Commitment, what a word.  If you made a list of your top five commitments, what would be on that list?  Think about it.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment